Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Bohn Treatment

Here's an email I received earlier this week:
First of all I need to give you a little background on my CU history. I started going to CU football games since I was 15 and I am now 60. My family has had season football tickets since 1986. I did not renew my tickets this year with a very heavy heart. I want to support those young men on the football team but after much soul searching I felt it best not to renew the tickets. The reason that I decided to do this was because the university administrators will not listen to logic. They will only listen to dollar signs - the only voice I have. I e-mail Mike Bohn last year and laid my heart out in that e-mail. I explained that I am not a huge financial contributor but my family and I travelled to CU for 23 years from Trinidad which is a 500 mile round trip. I explained to him that I felt his decision to renew Mr. Hawkins contract was a bad idea. His only response was "you rock"! What a condescending comment that was especially after telling the man what CU has meant to us. If you don't have enough sensitivity, professionalism, and intelligence to respond decently he has no business being an athletic director of a major university. I hope that the petition works and we can get Hawkins out of there.

Ace
Trinidad, Colorado


Ace can't be alone. Spread the word about the petition -- Hawkins must go!

1 comment:

  1. That's the thing, I think Bohn is a bigger issue than what is represented...

    ReplyDelete