Friday, September 25, 2009

A Sigh of Relief

Let's just say I'm glad the Buffs aren't playing a game this weekend. For the first time all season, and probably the only time this season, I won't be dreading the Buffs game all Saturday. My friends will probably appreciate not receiving all my angry texts during the game -- "What is Dan Hawkins doing?" "Wow Cody actually threw a ball over the line, too bad he overthrew Scotty by 10 yards" "Why does the camera keep showing Hawkins sweating on the sideline? I can't stand looking at him"

I wonder what Hawkins is doing this weekend. Game planning? Maybe he's trying to figure out how to deflect blame after the inevitable loss next Thursday. I've got an idea, take a page outta Lane Kiffin's playbook. Run the clock. Run the ball every play. Don't snap the ball with less than 5 seconds on the play clock. (Oh, my bad you never hike the ball with less than 5 seconds on the play clock) If you only let the Mountaineers have 10 offensive possessions, they can't score more than 70 points. Well, unless Cody throws a pick-6. Score a couple points -- Mike Bohn might like the performance so much he gives you an extension. I'm surprised he didn't already give you one when you SHUTOUT THE COWBOYS!

I'm happy just to watch the Broncos this weekend, at least I know they will win more than one game this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment